Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Holiday Weekend

So I basically made a very convenient rule of eating whatever I want on the weekends and not having to record it. Needless to say, this past weekend was a holiday weekend, so not only was it filled with hanging out with people and eating things I wouldn't usually eat, but it was also a longer weekend (one extra day of fun for me!). I didn't binge or anything, but I certainly wasn't being good. We had a potluck on Saturday, and all the yummy scones, cookies and brownies that weren't eaten were left at our place. I was pretty much grabbing a cookie whenever I wanted. While this doesn't make up for it AT ALL, we tended to eat fewer meals this weekend because of strange sleep schedules and just being unorganized. One meal was actually leftover crudités from the party - not so bad, right? The problem is that I think I'm already not getting enough calories, and the ones I'm getting lately are not good calories. While it may even out with the count, it doesn't even out blood-sugar-wise.

Leading up to the party, we did some projects around the house that took the place of my walks. So it's been a good 7 days that I haven't walked (because I also didn't walk last night and it's probably going to rain tonight). If the weather cooperates tonight, I will try to get back in the saddle. If not, then maybe we'll give it a go in the AM (but definitely some time tomorrow).

The five challenges of walking lately:
1) It's too hot during the actual daytime (still over 100 degrees), 2) We sleep too late in the AM sometimes and miss the cool part of the day, 3) She won't walk for longer than 5-10 mins in the stroller and another 5-10 minutes on me, and I can't walk fast when she's on me (like in a sling), 4) If we do ANYTHING else in the evening, then it takes the daylight and kills my walk, 5) If Erik can't watch her, I can't go.

Some days I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and think that my face seems a tiny bit thinner. And then some days I am still utterly disgusted with my profile (or even straight-on). My arms should be a real test for me because they have NEVER been fat before and they are pretty fat now. It seems like it's probably a pretty easy place for me to lose weight, so maybe I'll watch them more closely. However, I've read that doing arm exercises can hinder or even stop milk production, so maybe the arm fat is related to breastfeeding/pregnancy somehow, and hence, may stick around until I'm done? Who knows...

Yesterday's Food Journal:
Serving of flax waffles (2 frozen waffles)
Crudités (raw veggies with ranch dressing)
Beet orzo and Caesar salad with spinach
1 Lemon iced cookie
1/2 chocolate rose cream (can you tell we watched a movie)


Today:
Cup of decaf with cream (leftover from the party...we'll see how it sits with Stella)
1 hardboiled egg
1 fish taco on a flour tortilla, and the inner contents of another without a tortilla
Salad
Flounder with sautéed squash
And will probably have some dark chocolate before the night is through

No comments:

Post a Comment