Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday

I think we set a world record this weekend on the amount of fried food we ate. The weekend started off with some of the best fried oysters I've ever had, compliments of our neighborhood seafood dive. And then the usual breakfast tacos and coffee (not fried, thank goodness). But then we had hot dogs and hand-dipped (fried) corn dogs (from a hip hot dog place in town), BBQ and pancakes. So I guess not everything was fried, but it seemed like it. At some point Erik turned to me and asked if we could aim to not eat something fried for our next meal. Maybe that was the meal I decided to pass on the fried ice cream...? Yummmm....

All in all, I was pretty bad. I continued to be bad today. At some point, I realized that I was looking a little thinner in the face, and ridiculously, that always seems like a pass for me to be bad instead of motivation for me to keep it up. So whatever little progress I made, I surely stumped it with my past week/end.


Today
Leftover salmon with veggies
Handful of Jr. Mints (don't ask - recent addiction that's returned)
Few squares of dark chocolate (70%)
Spinach salad with ranch dressing (and veggies, sunflower seeds, some grapes)
Green bean salad
Some random samples from Whole Foods (turtle cheesecake, vanilla cookie)
Hot red raspberry leaf tea with a drop of honey

No comments:

Post a Comment